We have released a report today entitled In-Source or Outsourcing Digital Asset Management Hosting: A Guide For Marketing Managers that aims to guide marketing managers engaged in DAM projects through the often difficult process of deciding whether or not to run their DAM system in-house, on their organisation’s own hosting facilities, or whether they should out-source application hosting to their DAM vendor (or vendor’s preferred hosting supplier).
The report presents the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches to DAM hosting in clear, non technical language that is intended to help marketing and brand managers make an informed decision on which approach is best for their media library and unique business circumstances. The paper also provides readers with a comprehensive checklist that can be used to determine the best approach. The main points covered include:
- Asset sensitivity
- Business impact of asset unavailability
- Proportion of internal verses external users
- Typical asset sizes
- Scalability and availability of internal hosting facilities
- Capabilities of the DAM vendor
- Ease of access
- Licensing restrictions and software requirements
- Integration with internal business systems
- Network capacity and IT constraints
- IT policy and security considerations
- Budget and cost
This whitepaper can be requested from our digital asset management reports area along with many other DAM reports and articles.